View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 06:17 PM

Default PLO novice, trouble with possibly routine scenario

Hey all,

I'm trying to make the transition from NLHE to PLO and take the game more seriously. This is a problem I have run into a few times over the past few thousand hands, and I wanted opinions on my lines on the flop, turn, and river. Unfortunately I have no reads on the opponent since I don't own PT Omaha, nor have I been playing with him for long. However he seems relatively solid in the short time I have been sitting, and hasn't really gotten out of line.

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">UTG raises to $6</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, 3 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]($25, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($25, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $18</font>, BB calls, 2 folds.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($61, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $32</font>

I bet figuring I would get called by two-pair or worse sets, but like I said I am new to Omaha and am not yet familiar with the frequency that people will check-call those hands given the preflop and flop actions.