View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Re: The Longest Paper you\'ve written in the shortest amount of time

[ QUOTE ]
15 pages. Around 3 hours. Got an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously a creative writing class. That paper would be around 4000 words in 180 minutes ~ 20 words per minute. There is NO way you did an academic paper (source citation, etc) in that amount of time. None.

[ QUOTE ]
35 short papers (mostly reading response type things, not analytical at all)

It was a whole semesters worth of work, we were supposed to do a reading and write a paper after each class.

I did all of the readings and wrote 110 pages in 18 straight hours of work (11 red bulls drank.) I handed in the portfolio 30 minutes late but it was accepted for full credit.

It was a pass fail class. I passed.

Bonus: 3 hours after I wrote these papers I had an exam for a class that I had not attended nor had I done any of the readings for (law class.) I studied for 15 minutes on no sleep and got the class avg.

[/ QUOTE ]

110 pages? That is around 330,000 words. We'll say they were small pages or something, so 200,000 words.

200,000 / 18 (hours you spent) / 60 (minutes in an hours) = 185 words per minute = you're full of [censored].

For a freshmen history writing intensive class I had an 7-page paper due at 11AM on a Monday. I decided to visit a friend at a different school instead of writing it. I got home Sunday at 4PM, slept until 1AM and wrote for about 9 hours straight, getting done at 8AM. My works cited was 1.5 pages and my paper ended up being 9 pages long. I definitely got an A.