View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 08:31 AM

Default Re: 3+1 NFL Challenge - 2006: Week 11

215/216 u51
213/214 o48

What a horrible horrible week. I have a personal rule for this competition that I don't pick twice from one game. It's just something I think is more of a test. Two of my fave three picks this week come from one game. I also like two very dodgy road teams and my top pick is based on a hunch. UGH!!

Cinci/NO under 51

I have a feeling that the Baltimore game for NO as well as the Chargers game for Cinci were both spurious results. Even including that, I still think this will be 46-47 points and then if the hunch is wrong things could get very messy indeed around here. However I don't think I'm wrong so I'll take this shot.

Indy/Dallas o48

Dallas to win/Overs, Dallas to win/Overs. Both of these things seem so likely that they have to be a concern, but even so I'm going to be parlaying those things, betting them, all manner of Gambooool today based on those. However I only allow myself the one pick on here and I guess that the overs look just a little better than Dallas. I've changed my mind so many times that I've even dropped it to second pick.
I see a very very fired up Dallas today taking on a Colts side that probably don't fancy getting injured. The Colts proved last year that they're not really worried about regular season records and I think that playing down starts about now. Ah, dammit, I just convinced myself to change my mind again [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Dallas to win 31-21 at a canter. Wait.... That's overs. Ok, overs it is.

Vikings +3.5

I promised myself not to go near this game, but that's when I thought I'd be giving up a FG, not recieving more than one.
I have this down as pretty much a pickem, as well as a low scoring jobby. Therefore taking 3.5pts seems logical.

Bills +2.5

I'm a big fan of rubbish teams at home to garbage teams. Seems to be a good thing this year. However the Texans have notched some wins now and are probably out of the extra motivation that being a joke provides. There is something odd with this Tex/Jax stat that says that the Texans have won something like 21 games in franchise history and 6 have been against Jax. I'm going to throw that result away and give this to the Bills.

Lori