Thread: Bodog Warning
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 09:32 PM

Default Bodog Warning

Cliff Notes at bottom

A few weeks ago poster MLG told me about Bodog's 10% up to $2000 deposit bonus and about an easy way to clear it by betting the max on a bunch of elections. (you can only win $50 per election but have to bet like 500 on most b/c they pay like 1:10).

To clear the bonus you have to make $10k worth of wagers so 20 or so elections takes care of it.

After making the deposit and sweating the elections we each ended up with ~23k in our accounts. 20k deposit, 1k profit, 2k bonus.

When I tried to cash out I got an email informing me that my account had been disabled. So i called them and was told my account had been linked to another account (in other words they thought I had multiple accounts). So i sent in a copy of my ID and after a few days my account was re-enabled.

But then when I tried to cashout again the account was again disabled.

Apperently they decided that MLG and I were "working as a syndicate" in order to win more than the $50 max on each wager. And thus they are giving us our original 20k back but no bonus and no winnings from the bets.

Having talked to their security on the phone this is total [censored] BS.
I asked them if they would have taken the same course of action(refunding our initial deposits) had we lost some/all of the election bets and they gave a total dodge/BS answer. They pretty much refused to answer most of my other questions as well and basically refused to consider any possibilities other than that MLG and I are some mastermind syndicate setup to take advantage of what they apperently realized were some bad election lines. The guy even suggested that because of our age, he didnt beleive we were using our own money and insinuated that we were lucky to even be getting refunds. I should also mention that at no time did they refer to any specific part of their terms and conditions which outlaws anything we did.

This whole thing has been shady as hell and its a miracle that they have support that speaks good english or it would seem 10x shadier than it already is.

Cliff Notes: Bodog waits till after the outcome of wagers are completed and then decides the wagers were made in a manner that violated their rules, refusing payment and closing accounts.