View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Glenn Beck- Latest Example of Logic Challenged Arrogant Moron

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Sklansky wasn't saying it wasn't possible to cut taxes and raise revenue. He said that it is incorrect to imply that every tax cut would increase government revenues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that but is that what this Beck dude said? It seems we've got someone who's painting with a pretty wide brush.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Beck was an economic theorist, maybe. But I think it's pretty safe to assume that when a politician or political commentator mentions that tax cuts help the economy - they're referring to the Reaganomic supply-side model.

But like DS mentioned just because something worked, doesn't mean it's based on logic. There could be other factors in play.

The other factors were the business tax cuts and incentives that led to a massive retooling of American industry, along with the jobs that came with it. Then there was implementation of computers and information processing that happened at the same time.

The demand-siders used a similiar erroneous thought process, culminating it the idea that "war was good for the economy."

I guess it all boils down to just because you flip the switch and the light comes on, it doesn't mean you know why it happened.