View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 10:27 AM

Default Re: PLO8 - Theoretical Question.

Given the quality of his postflop play I'd be tempted to play 100% of my hands... but 80% sounds reasonable. Whether to raise preflop (much) depends on whether one or both of you can/will reload or whether you're just trying to maximize your chance of getting his stack once without busting yourself. If both of us can/will reload and are going to keep playing I'd raise preflop liberally, basically with any hand that can make the nuts (A2, any suited ace, high wraps, A34...); if I need to worry about variance or just want to maximize my chance of stacking him once then there's no point to this though.

As for flop and turn bet range... mostly agree with Split Suit, except that betting a fraction of the pot at any point here seems unjustifiable given how our opponent plays. Against different opponent we might bet small as a blocking bet or so as not to scare him off a hand where we're way ahead, but against this guy it's all about odds and ranges - either we want to bet and bet the pot or we don't and we check...

Anyway, short description is I play a loose/weak nut-fisher game against this guy. Since he's dense enough to pay off the nuts I don't need to disguise their presence by betting other, marginal hands like bottom two pair and the like.