Thread: Luxor Ruling
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Luxor Ruling

[ QUOTE ]
2) The problem in LV no-limit is that most places won't allow C_Notes to play, so a player could have as much as 1500 in red chips on the felt at one time. It is usually not feasible to get all the chips across the line in one motion, so I usually allow for some leeway in having a player make more that one motion.

3) The key is whether or not you stalled in the middle of the moves in order to gauge you position of your opponent. If you did not, then I personally would allow the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the two important points. This is why traditionally the rule for NL was you must make your bet in a continuous motion and the bet for limit was you must make your bet in a single motion.

A lot of places are going to a single motion for NL because they are unfamiliar with how NL differs from limit. I don't know of anyone (that doesn't mean they aren't out there) that has looked at this and decided "a single motion makes for better poker." I do know of some poeple that have decided "a single motion makes it easier than trying to explain continuos motion."