Thread: Luxor Ruling
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Luxor Ruling

Pretty interent interesting scenario here. We were discussing this very subject at work the other day.

1) From a very technical standpoint, it IS a string raise. I am pretty sure that the rule regarding a line is that, void of any verbal declaration, a player is allowed one motion across the line. Having said that, the opponent is allowed to, and was likely correct to, call a string bet. The problem is that the line can be handles differently from shift-to-shift, or worse, dealer to dealer. In its purest form, it was two moves and thus, a string bet.

2) The problem in LV no-limit is that most places won't allow C_Notes to play, so a player could have as much as 1500 in red chips on the felt at one time. It is usually not feasible to get all the chips across the line in one motion, so I usually allow for some leeway in having a player make more that one motion.

3) The key is whether or not you stalled in the middle of the moves in order to gauge you position of your opponent. If you did not, then I personally would allow the bet.

4) The dealer may be a [censored], but if another player calls a string, is not the dealer obligated, at the least, to get a ruling??

5) My experience is that the problem is the line itself, and whether or not anyone, including the players, know what the rule is regarding the betting.

Have to admit, doesn't sound like you got screwed that badly, but the lack of professionalisam is obvious, and expected, by the Luxor.