View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop B

[ QUOTE ]
1. Call. I can’t imagine why you’d do anything else. His hand range is pretty wide here since this board looks scary so fold is bad, and if you raise and are played with then you’re even money or behind.

2. Preflop he could be playing 50% of his hands. Making a play back at you doesn’t narrow his range at all.

3. If you raise and he calls then that narrows his hands significantly, and that’s great. The problem is that if he doesn’t call but instead reraises you’re in trouble since straight/set/better two pair have you crushed, and some draws like JTs or 64s or 76s are close to even money and can make you incorrectly fold. It opens you up to a big mistake but makes it harder for him to screw up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything you said. I think its a little bit of a closer decision than you do though. There are a handful of hands that probably will get all on with us on the flop that we have a lot of equity against that slow down on the turn. Specifically flush draw and two overs and pair+straight draw hands. Those types of hands think they have a lot more outs than they do, but will look to play a smaller pot on the turn. Still though, thats not enough to make a reraise appealing given how often he can get off a worse made hand, or get all-in with a better one.