View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 11:08 AM

Default Re: iron81 - banning Stu Pidasso

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But when his opinion amounts to homophobia he's gettin the hammer. Personally, I probably would have let it go a few days ago. But if Mason wants to stamp out hatred, that thread is a great place to start. His arguments are the exact arguments I hear coming from drooling bigots and I'm not going to allow it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're punishing someone for having an opinion that you deem to be inappropriate. Careful. Do you want vulturesrow to start punishing people who he deems 'hateful' towards the military? What about people who obviously hate other groups for irrational reasons - Democrats, Republicans, anarchists... I see a lot of hate towards the state in their threads, better ban them too!

In all honesty I saw very little hate in Stu's post, as much as I disagreed with it. He obviously is uncomfortable with homosexuals but he didn't say anything about them being bad people, or less competent in their jobs, or destroying society or anything like that.

This is a really terrible ban and I'm surprised it hasn't blown up in your face yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact Stu made a comment something to the effect, "I've found homosexuals to be completely equal coworkers and friends". Im just hoping that this is some 10th level commentary on Mason's policies regarding hateful posts about Israel.