View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Re: iron81 - banning Stu Pidasso

I gave him another day for a different thread where he admitted he was trolling.

As for your beef, it is true that in his mind he was trying to debate the issue. But when his opinion amounts to homophobia he's gettin the hammer. Personally, I probably would have let it go a few days ago. But if Mason wants to stamp out hatred, that thread is a great place to start. His arguments are the exact arguments I hear coming from drooling bigots and I'm not going to allow it. Its not like I'm coming out of left field here, 3 or 4 people in that thread called it for what it is: bigotry. For those of you not caught up on this, I'm reacting to Mason's post which resulted in my interpretation.

As for treating different forms of hatred differently, we all do it. Calling someone a n i g g e r would get anyone banned anywhere, but we call women s l u t s and bitches all the time. In the thread that MEBenhoe is referring to, there is a post by Mickey Brauch on that topic that I think makes a lot of sense.