View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 09:19 AM

Default 10 10 in the hole vs a raiser, 9 high flop

2nd hand of the night.

VIllain is a good player, has previously played in the aussie millions, 10k buyin by winning his seat online. I assume he is a tag, and an excellent player. We have had a bit of a chat, and then this hand comes up

Blinds. 25/50, stacks 1500
Short handed, 6 players.
utg folds, utg+1 folds, 1 call, I call, villain raises to 250. 1 call , i call

Flop 972 rainbow, two red cards.

1 check, i check, villain bets 600, 1 caller. I stupidly go all in.

Firstly, what sort of hands will a good player raise with at a short handed table vs 2 callers? On thinking again, he could have raised AA to QQ, AK s and offsuit.

I assume i should have called the raise pf, but would have certainly folded to a reraise. I am getting good odds to spike a set.

On the flop, i sort of talked myself into him only having AK, and put the other guy on not much. (Do you think being impatient is part of my problem? I am not used to live play, it is sooooooooooooooooo slow, and i seem to go aggro at all the wrong times in the name of boredom).

I think i should have folded on the flop, particularly since their was another caller whom i had to beat.

If the original raiser was a maniac, and the pot was hu on the flop, i do think a shove would be appropriate, but feel i massively donked this up

I remember my limit game improved massively when i continually asked myself "what could he have that i can beat" prior to getting aggro. Perhaps this would be a good idea for me to consider again