View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 01:26 PM

Default Re: silentbob\'s NBA modified \"chase\" system

[ QUOTE ]
Both lines moved against me, which was somewhat worrisome, but it all worked out.

YTD, games: 4-1
YTD, road trips: 4-0, +4 units

No bet on Seattle vs. Philadelphia for tomorrow night yet. For some reason, the line's not up on Pinnacle. I'm also trying to figure out whether to keep fading Da Bulls for one more unit, considering that their chances of sweeping HOU, SA, and LAL are quite unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm on the theRX forum myself, and I did see your thread here for the last week or so, but I didn't really have an opinion of using the ML in basketball.

(I think it was because of how different it is in hockey with MM's system where goals are not easy to get, i.e. 1-5 goals per game by a team on average; whereas, for ML in basketball, I notice the points vs ML are still "similar" to football style. What I mean is if -3 in basketball is similar to football as the ML goes like -250's, right? Same idea with -7/-8 being like -500's? But what scares me about BB than football is how easy the points come... it takes a good few minutes in football to get 3 pts for FG, but a 30 second swing of two straight 3-pointers in BB by either team really changes the landscape for that "run" but impacting the overall game picture anyway. What do you see so far on this, silentbob?)

Anyway, I meant to reply in agreement about fading the Bulls for 1 more unit as I also don't see them winning *ALL* 3 games against HOU,SA,LAL but I'd be most curious about the ML prices now that Bulls faded last night at end losing to Mavs by 12.

* CalvinTy