View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Re: a really tough and interesting hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
either way it's not a *great* situation even though we have the nuts. if you 4-bet you arent going to get much action since that's a stronger than usual 4-bet. if you call, you let in MP, who likely called with a strong range including hands with good implied odds, and SB probably won't lead without hitting the flop or having flopped a pair. but in general people are untrusting and we still have great implied odds on our hand given how much we've disguised it. no way QQ gets away now. if we 4-bet he probably has a pretty easy fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of this I agree with. You say no way QQ gets away which seems kinda contradictory as you have QQ here and your OP makes it seem like you want to get away from it on the flop. And if you don't want to get away from it on the flop, you need to 4-bet preflop for the reasons I mentioned earlier. Overall, you haven't really convinced me that calling is nearly as good as 4-betting

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant SB, as he's the one we're more likely to get action from. but if the flop goes SB check, UTG bet, i don't know if i can get away