View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 06:26 AM

Default Re: What is my river play here? $15-30 Bellagio.

I disagree completely with checking behind. There are some hands that beat you that he might fold. Small pp, one of the other two cards on the flop that you didn't mention and maybe even a 10. If he does call, fine your hand is still really live and you might get a free showdown. Or if you make your hand you get an extra bet. As for what happened I think you played it correctly up till the river if you fold the river. From his perspective he can't think you'll just fold to a complete bluff. The only thing that I might do differently is smooth call the flop and raise the turn. If you do that you will get a lot more credit for a big hand than the standard small bet raise in position that everyone does when they have AK. Villain's river bet looks like a value bet with a pair. I've seen this in the 30 game alot, people donk the river with a hand that they would call with anyway. Like if he has a 10 but he doesn't think you can raise so it costs him the same and sometimes he gets paid off by A high or 99.
But I think you would be making a huge mistake checking the turn.