View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Day 2 Hand vs. Pro at WPF

[ QUOTE ]
I think he trapped you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing that this opponant will have a wide range on the button and will play aggressively when he senses weakness I think that our hero is probably ahead here.

This hand is probably highly read dependant and therefore not great for this site but knowing how pete plays I think that you are probably good here.

After your (imo) poor preflop play I think that you played this hand as well as you could have because the villain is definitely capable of firing two barrels against you if he has you on AK/AQ and he has to assume that you are leading out on the flop (or cring) or turn with TT/JJ/QQ/KK so he is safe in assuming that you have AK/AQ.

The problem, as I speculated before is that:
1) There is nothing that the villain will call with that you beat
2) There is nothing that the villain will fold that has you beat
3) The villain will not fire another barrel unless he has you beat
4) Any overcard could be dangerous to your hand and the pot is big enough in a tournament that it is worthwhile to try to take the pot down here if you are ahead because the pot means so much to you

I like the way that you played the flop and turn but I feel like there is something inherently wrong with my assumptions 1-3 and then saying that you should put the rest of your chips in just to hopefully end this hand... I am bumping this thread in hopes that some of our esteemed posters who might have missed it the first time around can comment.