View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Vegas report (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
Nice report. Were you making notes of these hands at the table or do you have an extremely good memory?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, those are just the notable hands, so I dunno if I would say my memory is "extremely" good...

[ QUOTE ]

nice work! how much did you end up?

[/ QUOTE ]

HA! Like $10. Seriously. Drunk guy from the last couple of hands above is one reason, plus I lost all my coinflips or +EV situations.

Examples:

I have K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button. Semi-weak lady who thinks she is very solid (mostly because she is capable of laying down a hand, lol) raises to $7 UTG. 2 callers and I decide my hand is worth more if I call than if I re-raise. Flop comes QJT rainbow, she bets $25, one caller, I make it $125 because I she would practically always make it $10 from UTG with TT+ (at one point she had said to me "You always overplay your hand because you always bet pot no matter what you have"). She pushes ($230 total or so) and this sucks but I call getting about 3:1 hoping she doesn't have a set.

She flips over QT. OMFG, I overplay my hand! I got 13 outs, but I whiff them all, of course.

On another hand, I have 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button. UTG raises to $10, 3 people call, I call, BB calls. Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG bets $25, 3 callers, I push, UTG calls with red Aces and I whiff.

Add to this a 3-hour session I spent late Sunday night at one of those rock garden tables at the MGM (I should have just left this game, no [censored] clue what I was thinking) where I ran bad with my double-barrels vs. the TAGs trying to float me (e.g. I have AK and bet a J-high drawy flop and am floated. I 2-barrel, get raised, fold, and they show turned 777. Hands like this happened a LOT that night) and the winnings went "poof" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lastly, I didn't flop a lot of sets. There was that first hand, and one other set that I won a small pot with. Didn't flop a single other set this weekend. For obvious reasons, sets are a huge chunk of your profit in games like these.