View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 09:53 PM

Default Re: **OFFICIAL** UNC Tar Heels Bball 2007 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Frasor = My boy, went to high school with him. Is he starting this year, or is that freshman recruit?

[/ QUOTE ]

SharkTank43,

Funny you mention Bobby in the thread's first reply. Bobby is my favorite UNC player right now. He came in as a true freshman and started all 31 games at PG which was out of position for him. Playing PG for Roy and at UNC is no easy task. Much of UNC's success last season can be attributed to Bobby picking up on Roy's complex offensive system, such as the secondary break, so adroitly. He is a coaches' son so some may have seen this coming.

The reason Bobby had to start out of position at PG last year is b/c we had nothing at the point (Quentin Thomas 'QT' didn't gain confidence until a third of the way into last season). This year is different as we go three deep now at PG. I think you'll find the starting line-up will be quite fluid this year with starting spots being battled out for in practice. This obviously is a good thing as the team will only get better with this competition. Don't forget the team is just coming out of the famed summer pick-up games in the Dean Dome where players such as MJ, Twan Time, Stack, VC, Sheed, May, etc. come to play. There will be only a few games when the team faces comparable competition to what they see day in and day out in the Dean Dome.

I think what will be interesting will be minutes played per game. In this stat you will find Bobby in the top three at the end of the season. He will get his minutes and his starts throughout the season. His skill set demands it.