View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 06:57 PM

Default $1 Rate my stupidity

UB $1+.10 10-player SnG, regular pacing (not a turbo), players start with 1500 chips

9 players left, 2nd blind level (20-40)

Villain has t1325
OrigamiSensei has t1465 chips

OrigamiSensei is in MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Pre-flop:

Villain raises to t140 UTG, 1 fold, OrigamiSensei re-raises to t400, all others fold to villain who calls.

Comments: Table has been somewhat passive and I feel I can make a move here. I don't want to lay it down and I really don't want to call and let others into the pot. I would have folded to someone coming over the top with an all-in, the call leads me to read him for ace-king, ace-queen or a medium-ish pair.

Flop: (Pot t860) 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks. OrigamiSensei bets t400.
Villain goes all-in for 925. OrigamiSensei calls.

Comment: After the check by villain I put him on a small pair and make a c-bet of roughly half the pot hoping to knock him out but feeling okay if he calls. When he comes over the top with the all-in I have to make the key decision. At this point I only have t650 left and I'm looking at having to call t525 more. If I fold I'm crippled. If I call I'm getting 4:1 odds on my money with t2185 already in the pot so I'm priced in. I figure I have 10 outs twice and if I ran into a set then so be it, I'm an idiot and I deserve to lose.

I'd also like some analysis of villain's play because had he played more aggressively and led the flop instead of getting cute with the check-raise I probably would have gotten antsy and folded.