View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 06:31 PM

Default Re: The final truth about down swings.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are you, some sorta bigshot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have developed a reputation of being honest, logical, and reliable (as far as providing solid/accurate advice) on this site and in many other cricles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll 2nd this. Deacs done alot of great stuff on here.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm telling those who can't deal with downswings and bad beats to consider quitting. If nothing else for the sake of their emotional well being. If they can get over it then play on. We have many young posters on this forum that will probably solve much of their emothional problems as they grow up and mature.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think one thing Deac might be saying is not necessarily 'quitting' but not to take the game so serious if you can't handle those swings for reasons he mentioned. If you can't seperate it or get over it and at least have some fun, then I agree one should quit. Not sure if I said that right.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a very emotional person. I think in terms of logic and don't feel sorry for those who don't/can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between feeling sorry for someone and empathizing with them. I don't feel sorry for anyone who gets bad beat. Poker happens. But someone going through a bad swing(especially the first time) I can empathize a little with(granted they're playing well or trying to play well. I don't really feel anything for those that voluntarily suck and are going through a bad run.)

b