View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Cleaning my new semi auto shot gun????

I mostly lurk (obviously, look at the post count) but this is something I know about.

Get yourself a Hoppe's BoreSnake. Here's the description from Cabela's:

The Bore Snake is definitely the world's fastest bore cleaner. Crafted with a series of built-in brushes, it combines all the cleaning processes into one simple step, effectively cleaning your bore in a single pass. First, an initial floss area brushes the action then removes loose grit and debris in the bore prior to the main scrubbing. Finally, the main floss, with 160 times more floss than a standard cleaning patch, super-scrubs the bore to a mirror-like finish. Brass-weighted drop-through cord slips easily down the barrel, simply grasp and pull cord through the barrel - one pull through does it all. Lightweight and compact, it's easy to take to even the most remote hunting destination. There's no exposed metal to damage the rifling or crown, and no assembly is required. And it is solvent safe, washable and reusable hundreds of times. Available for rifles, shotguns and pistols.

Put some Hoppe's #9 solvent on the front of the snake to break up the powder residue, oil/lube on the tail end. Pull it through a couple of times and you're good to go. I break down my semi-auto after each hunt and this couldn't be easier.

Here's a link to Cabela's: Hoppe's BoreSnake

Apel