View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-Flop and Flop Questions

1) A lot of people talk about playing tight early and don't try to steal blinds when they are this small. What do you think about blind stealing at this level? Would you do it and if so under what conditions?

2) What's your decision on the flop? Do you check or bet (and if so, how much)?

3) What's your plan on the turn (if any) based on your decision on the flop, the villain's action, and what card comes?

4) Any other thoughts at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) its good to raise here for a couple reasons. The implied odds are huge at this level. A hand like 75s is great because it can hit big and be disguised very well. If you miss, you can throw out a continuation bet and give it up if that doesnt take it down. Or check and see a free turn. The best hand you can hit with the hand would be a nut straight, then the rest (trips, flush, 2pair). 2 pair is pretty vulnerable against more than 1 player. Headsup i think its ok to slowplay hands as bad as bottom 2.

2) i would bet about 1/2 to 3/4 pot and expect him to fold or raise. In the case that he raises i would reraise. I hardly ever slowplay this early and would rather take the chips without a showdown.

3) the turn is interesting and it would take a ton of typing to outline each possibility. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]