View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Does poker consume your life?

[ QUOTE ]
To the OP
I am older than most people who frequent forum. I would not claim to be as good at poker as the people who post on this forum. However I have gone down the same road as you and here is my advice

Enjoy it!

Money doesnt buy you things...it buys you time. Time is the most precious commodity we have as you dont know how much you have left. So much of most people's time is spent earning a living (i.e. money). The less time you spend on earning a living the more time you have to actually live!

Use the money to buy yourself time...time to explore your options...time to have fun...and time to figure out who you are.

Play less. Enjoy life more. 19 is a great age and I wish I could do it all over again.

You will probably never have such a great opportunity again to earn so much money in such a short time.

Just remember that the 52 inch plasma screen you buy will be in the junk pile 20 years from now but the memories you have from spending time with people you like/love will last forever.

Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is great advice.
for me, the best thing that poker does is buy time.
with poker, i work half as much as i did at me job, but make double the money. this allows me to do so many things i could never do before.
i recently hit the wall a bit after playing the most hands ive played in a month in october(52k.)
i took about a 1.5 weeks off, and now want to play again.

with all of your money, you dont have to play poker. take time off!
not being able to play only a few hours at a time is a real problem for you. this is something you will definitely have to work at.
hope it works out...