View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop

First off, I don't think this is a pure blind steal. With the blinds this high, I think you either get to see a relatively cheap flop with a hand that has a lot of potential, as well as a small chance to just take it down immediately. It also paves the way for a continuation bet when you miss and an ace comes.

Anyway, in this case, I definitely want to play this hand for a big pot, and no time like the present to start that. I bet half to two thirds of the pot (125 in this case). If he has a hand, we might as well start building it instead of giving him a free card for his flush or inside straight draw. Also, he might give us some action with two overcards with a high heart giving him the backdoor possibility. This hand we definitely want to stick around, because if they hit one of their overcards on the turn, we should get some more money in the pot.

My plan on the turn is to make another bet assuming its a complete blank. If one of the insides straight cards come i might check behind to try and induce a bluff on the river. If the heart comes I'm still betting out on the turn another half to two thirds pot bet.