View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 03:15 AM

Default Re: Securing offshore accounts for USians

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no interesting replies. the link to the other thread produced an offshore bank that seems to be perfect: Cayman National

1k minimum for non residents, can be done by mail

[/ QUOTE ]
The Cayman Islands belong to the U.K. That doesn't sound especially promising.

Many overseas banks are likely to adhere to the upcoming banking regulations just as Neteller says it will. They are simply too dependent on U.S. financial institutions for all sorts of transaction processing. I don't think it makes sense to set up these overseas accounts until we see which banks and jurisdictions are actually willing to help us come crunch time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Cayman Islands are actually a pretty big banking safe-haven. So are the British Virgin Islands which also belong to the UK. Offshore banks aren't going to stop you from receiving money from Poker Sites.

The offshore account I opened knew exactly what I did for a living, knew about the UIGEA, and didn't care because it was all cool under their law. More importantly, I opened several investment accounts and deposited quite a bit with them right away.

If they think you are using the account just to avoid US banking regs, they may not be willing to help you. But if you have other legitimate reasons for wanting the account and aren't going to use them to replace Neteller... you can find many that will help.