View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 05:26 PM

Default Re: ugly hand vs Justin A Bellagio 30/60

bugstud,

Try to look at this from my point of view. I had just barely found out who you were, and I knew nothing of how you played other than watching you play the previous hour or two. I had noticed that you were raising quite a bit(correctly), so it's not like I put you on a monster and needed a really huge hand to 3bet you with.

So now you just call my 3bet, which doesn't mean that much. The flop is just about as raggy as they get, and you check, and I bet. Now at this point you hesitated for a bit. I know now you were probably thinking about checkraising, but at the time I felt like you had an AJ or KQ type hand that was trying to figure out if you wanted to continue.

So you finally call, and the turn is another low card that puts up a flush draw. So now you check and I bet and you call instantly. So now I'm thinking this is either a picked up flush draw or a hand like AQ that's hoping to see one more card and maybe get a free showdown.

Based on this information, I don't think there are any hands that I could have up to this point that I wouldn't be betting the river with. So in other words my range after the river bet is pretty much the exact same as my range after the preflop 3bet.