View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 12:19 PM

Default Re: HH for Stars 55r 2nd Place

Well played, Paul. There's a lot of hands I'm going to comment on where you played in a way that surprised me, but on thinking through it, I can see the appeal of your line. So in many cases it's not that I disagree with how you played it, but I'm curious to hear your plan/reasoning.

108: Reasoning for flat call preflop?
119: Push the river.
157: I assume you were you planning to get it in on a non-A/K flop?
159: Shania is angry!
160: Well played. I'm kind of surprised Pharlap folded here, she's a station. I bet if you had shoved your A's last hand, you would have gotten a call from Pharlap on this hand.
184: I take it you know something about gambler? I think this line works only because of the very specific stack sizes involved here.
189: I probably fold this.
200: I like this call, but I'm kind of surprised you made it.
208: Fold to the RR.
215: Check behind. This is about the best flop there is for a c-bet, so I'd be suspicious when Villain doesn't make one.
249: What's your plan here?
258: I'd probably limp behind on the button here, gambler seems like a good guy to get into a pot with, position should allow you to pick up more than your share of orphan pots, and the blinds are comfortable enough that they shouldn't be shoving too often pre-flop.
262: I know it's a small bet and all, but I still fold the river.
275: This seems like a good spot for a raise pre-flop. Were you making a conscious effort to tighten up?
335: I'm not the best math guy, but I'm pretty sure a push is +EV.
363: I'd be pretty tempted to squeeze here.
378: I remember watching this one and thinking it was a great time to shove with air or a draw. Consequently, I don't like it with a set. $EV considerations mean he needs a monster to call you here.
388: Bet the flop or turn.
427: Right around here, I think you start rushing things. You've got a huge lead right now, and that gives you a lot of control over the table, so much so that stealing blinds doesn't have to be such a high priority anymore. You really just need to avoid letting anyone else catch up to you, which they don't be able to do via blind-stealing alone. By putting a huge number of chips on the line to pick up small pots, you're really doing yourself a disservice. Be a little more patient, settle for taking down a few less pots pre-flop, and keep the pressure on without putting so much of your stack at risk. For example, on this hand, I think raising and folding to a SB push is much better than open shoving.
433: I don't like this one either.
450: After losing with 52, you really need to slowdown with the OOP blind steals. Just fold this.
455: He's not potting the river as a bluff at an unraised pot. Fold.
460: You've got a big draw on a flop where you're very likely to get check-raised. Check behind and then bet the turn hit or miss if he checks again.
466: Why play this so fast?
481: You have to bet this turn. You've got a double gutter and he's checked to you twice.
526: You shouldn't be open-folding a Q on your SB.
535: What's your plan? I think stack sizes look good for a flop 3-bet, though you were on a draw the last time you did that.