View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Re: HH for Stars 55r 2nd Place

elstunar, my responses:

hand 69: Obviously a disconnect, timeout, or misclick.

hand 79: His check/call on three streets is very, very weak. He probably had a T and couldn't let it go, and the 8 river just filled a possible straight as well. The combined weakness of his line and apparent strength of mine makes betting the river +EV. He also might have missed on straight draw that beats me (KJ or something).

Hand 92: Sometimes on a draw heavy board against a good opponent (I don't recall my read on this villain) I don't cbet these situations. You're often getting floated by a pair here, and a 2/3rd pot bet gets looked up a lot, or reraised by a good hand or a draw.

Hand 108: I like flat calling in these situations preflop with AK and AQ a lot. I don't like building the pot because we miss the flop 2/3 of the time, we're called a lot preflop, and by building the pot we negate our positional advantage and variety of postflop movies. When he checks the flop I don't think he has a pair, because with that board he bets it if he does. Now I'm confident I have the best hand, he doesn't have many outs, and just want to get money out of him by letting him take the betting lead and fire away with Ax or KQ or whatever.

Hand 109: I think you actually meant hand 117, and yes that is my line of thinking. There's no way an A gets checked to me, so I take the pot.

Hand 119: Yeah, there's probably value in a river raise, you are correct. I need to work on my river play because I think I'm leaving value out on the table quite a bit.

Hand 152: I assume you mean hand 157, and yes I vomited when I watched this in the replayer. I think the correct line with these stacks is, unfortunately, to fold. But those two Ts looked so pretty!

Hand 159: This is just a lame situation. Maybe limping the button would be better because then maybe BB thinks he has FE. And, I do limp the button occasionally so there's good Shania for me. Don't know the answer to your question since I never do it. I think at the time I was like, "damn how can I get value out of this, minraise!" Probably the only time I've ever done that.

Hand 184: Yeah, I recall thinking when I shoved that I may be about to be trapped with a big hand, but felt it was the only move and that there's plenty of other stuff he limp/calls with (I vaguely recall having a read on villain too).

Hand 208: These days I'm seeing all sorts of weird reraises preflop in these situations and these stacks. The preflop odds dictated a call, but I wasn't willing to just stick the rest in with little FE and way behind his range even if he's making a move. So, with 10 BBs behind or whatever I call and see the flop with position. J9o doesn't mind seeing a flop here. Villain's mistake was not pushing any flop, and when he didn't I thought he must have a big hand, but then the 9 came on the turn.

Hand 257: I thought villain would be raising with any old above average hand, and fold almost everything to my shove leaving a lot of chips in the pot regardless of the outcome with BB. Just happened to run into AQ.

Hand 314: Close. I believe we were on the FT bubble and my thought was that open shoving any two was very unlikely to be called, so I would wait. Indeed, not to be results oriented, but look at the next several hands to see why I passed on AJ.

Hand 327: Yeah, probably. I sort of play by feel in the late game, trying to stay in a flow. That's the only way I can explain it.

Hand 355: Huh?

Hand 363: I should have shoved.

Hand 367: I think you mean 366, and yeah I am proud of this move despite results.

Hand 378: Yes, this was a big mistake. I need to raise, obviously, but I need to raise enough to make him think he can shove a draw or an overpair. At the time I wanted to represent a draw and get him to call with an overpair, but that was a bad move.

Hand 438: I was shocked to get looked up by QTs, but that's why I wasn't being more aggressive. My read was that they were both willing to gamble and had pretty wide calling ranges. Just got unlucky here.

Hand 508: Yeah getting it in as a 63% favorite and getting rivered for $5k sucks.

Thanks for the comments/questions. Very appreciated. Further discussion welcome.

Hand 327: