View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 08:59 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
One thing before liftoff.

When you guys traveled around Phuket, Krabi, Koh Samui and what not. Did you just stay at hotels or did you find other places that were better?

Also what is the best way to travel around phuket. Our trip will be Bangkok 2 days in the beginning > Phuket 1 week probably > Koh samui 1-2 weeks > Bangkok/Pattaya/whatever the rest. How do you travel around phuket to krabi and the other places. Koh samui you probably just take a boat or something to the nearby islands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pick up a lonely planet guide. They have overviews of all the hotels as well as instuctions on how to get to all the places you want to go. I would be dead without mine.

As for rooms, what I usually do is look in the lonely planet section for the town/island and go to where the most hotels/guesthouses are and go door to door until I see a place that looks cool.

Anyways, I came in here to say Cambodia sucks really bad, but the Angkor Wat is amazing and anyone in Thailand should make a 3 day trip to Siem Reap when they need to renew their visa or whatever. The rest of this place sucks donkey balls though.

edit

^^^

right on about the street vendors. when I first got here I was kinda picky but the last month I've been picking random stuff off the menu and most of it rules.

I also ate Indian Curry for the first time yesterday and I really want to get a time machine and beat my own ass for not eating this stuff years ago