View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Are there cards which like me?

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I have software that keeps track of my cards and position. So yes I think there are cards that like you and cards that don't like you. Not necessarily per say a 7 likes you or a Q likes you but rather your starting hole cards. I lose more with K-10 so I no longer play them unless I am a blind suited or not. And I win alot with 10-10 more than I do with JJ or QQ so I push my 10-10 a little more. (That is based on percentage hand won not dollars won because even though I may win alot more money I win more hands per say with 10-10) So find which are yours and then you can go with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. I'm a loser with AKs after 40K hands, so you're saying I should stop playing it? I'm a winner with A2s, so maybe I should start playing it more.

What's the difference? AKs is a premium hand, so I always play it and I always raise with it. Always. And I have a bad habit of making continuation bets with it into too many opponents who wouldn't fold if I hit them with a baseball bat. So rather than stop playing it, maybe I should take a look at how I'm playing it post flop.

I rarely play A2s, but sometimes the pot offers odds and I limp, and then sometimes I hit the nut flush with a lot of suckers in the pot. If an ace hits the board, but no flush draw, I rarely stick around to see some donk's slightly bigger kicker.