View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Blasting away with KK

I'm an idiot and didn't reread the hand before posting my follow-up. I forgot button bet the turn. I would have cr'd had SB folded, but with SB calling I wasn't all that comfortable with being best at the time so I called.

I'm still iffy on the turn check though. I did cap the flop for a shot at the freebie if needed. I actually think it would have been better to just go ahead with a cr on the turn. SB could have the flush with his flop check reraise, so the flop cap might give me a free card on the turn. Then when I take it, if button bets, if SB just then calls I should probably suspect I'm best against a wide variety of hands with solid redraw chances. If I get reraised at any point I'm probably dead though I have no idea if I can find a fold as the pot would be huge at that point. Unimproved on the river I could fold, but if I pick up the spade I'd have to check call.

I'm starting to think that checking the turn with the intention of raising if button bets and SB calls is best. If button bets and SB raises.....

- C -