View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Mark Halperin acknowledges liberal media bias

[ QUOTE ]
However true this may be, I personally have developed a greater understanding of the issues and of the mindset of various political persuasions. I am less inclined to find opposing views incredulous or contemptible. Many on this board, yourself included, who take the time to elaborate often do so thoroughly and logically and in so doing opinions can begin to be affected. A couple issues I am more open minded on since I started to frequent this forum are global warming and the Arab viewpoint vis a vis Israel and the West. Also, having to defend one's position cogently has the effect of thorough self examination and as such opinions are probably less of the 'knee jerk' variety. So all is not in vain, but on this issue, it will be a cold day in hell before my mind is changed, and you can cite 590 peer reviewed studies, I ain't buyin what your sellin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right of course. I was just in a quirky mood when I wrote what I did. Sometimes debates here do seem futile because it's clear no one's going to budge, or because people start getting obnoxious. OTOH, you're right that sometimes they spark thought and learning as we examine more critically our own views. But as far as what I'm sellin' goes, did I feel a whiff of a cool breeze here in hades? Nah, guess not. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]