View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 12:10 AM

Default Re: 6000th Post. Let\'s Try This Hand Reading Thing Again

Drzen,
I tried to stay out of this but you have said so much wrong I feel it is necessary to step in and say something.

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you need to get over this sort of thinking. You have to put it out there when you think something is wrong, not just join the line of people applauding. BigT can be wrong. Anyone can. Anyway, I agree with BigT that this was a nice post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously BigT is wrong sometimes but considering he is beating 5/10NL and 10/20NL for a lot of money I value his opinion highly because his results dictate that he is a very good player who knows what he is doing.

[ QUOTE ]

And, seriously, saying that you can narrow the guy's range here because you would if he fired at an ace-high flop is seriously lame. Not even realising that this is a very different situation and nothing like that clearcut is, well, not the mark of someone whose criticism I'm taking seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can narrow his range here on the river because he is min re raising which is almost always a a value bet because it has little fe. Sure other hands are possible but it seems unlikely because he has not shown any interest to get a lot of money in the pot until the river when the flush card hit. Sure he could have two pair/set/straight/bluff but it is pretty unlikely because with two pair/straight/set he is likely not calling the flop and then checking the turn against two other opponents and on a drawy board. Sure it is possible but it is not likely. Given how this hand played out it seems quite clear that villain will have a flush a lot of the time.

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't suggested repeatedly leading anything. But if I bet top pair on a twoflush board, and two call, count on me firing again on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously this is situation dependent but consistently betting two streets with tpnk is a huge leak. You bloat the pot with a marginal hand when frequently if you are getting called it is by a better hand.