View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Celtics vs. Pistons 11/3 - nba experts needed!!!

my two favorite teams [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

i don't think you can possibly be making a bad bet laying two with the pistons. it may not be a +EV bet, but they are certainly live to beat the number given the talent disparity. boston could be a surprise team this year. i gave up on watching them in frustration last season, because even though they had a lot of the pieces, there's no way they would solve the puzzle. delonte west is good young player but not a true point guard. we'll see what sebastian telfair can do this season, i'm not familiar with him. al jefferson and ryan gomes both young players who should continue to improve due to work ethic.

you can normally judge how the celtics played in an individual game by looking at paul pierece's stats. i see he shot only 10-23 against new orleans, 8 of 15 on free throws... that's not typical.

pistons lose a significant regular season edge without ben wallace. but for me, a fan of of finesse and shooting, it's not as much of a dropoff as others might grade it.

celtics normally bring a great effort against the pistons and match up well since pistons aren't very big either