View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 09:43 PM

Default Re: AA - I _know_ I\'m beat, where do I fold?

[ QUOTE ]
If we could guarantee that we'd only have to spend 2 on the turn, I'm calling all day without thinking twice. There's a reasonably good chance that SB will 3-bet in our hand, but we're dealing with an effective 3 bet cap since UTG only has 1 more BB in his stack and BB has done nothing but call, so there's not that much risk all things considered.

Sometimes we're drawing dead to a straight, but both SB and UTG could easily have a wider range

[/ QUOTE ]

You are gambling that they do. Our read (based on only a few hands admittedly) is that all the villains are loose passive, but you have them pushing draws. You have UTG *raising a flop capper* with a draw. Okay, he's close to all in, so maybe. And BB is probably on a draw.

But the problem is, we are awarding ourselves a full set of outs if we're behind. We can't do that. They have to be actually drawing to something and some of that something includes some of our outs. It seems to me we're having our cake and eating it, saying that at the same time we're maybe ahead (so all have draws) but also maybe behind (but we have a full set of outs).