View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Official 2006-2007 College Hockey Thread

Damaniac - Love that you started this. I hope it catches on.

This feels like it was just a couple of weeks ago, and unfortunately I was on the wrong rooting end of it. Was in a bar on the UES with about 150 other fans and it was so intense for 3 OT's, and then unfortunately you could hear a pin drop and all the air go out of the place when it ended.

It's been a great run the last 5-6 years for the Big Red, although given the rash of talent that we lost this summer -- McKee, O'Byrne, Moulson, Pokulok, Cam Abbott, Chris Abbott, Gleed -- it may be a bit of a rebuilding year. I think all of the Lynah Faithful would be ecstatic with just an NCAA appearance.

That said, it should be an exciting few years ahead with some great freshman and sophomore talent. Looks like Schaefer might be forced to open up play a bit with a lot of offensive talent now on board, but I'm sure he will still be poudning the defensive, wear-em-down style into the new guys.

Living in NYC now, I try (always successfully) to get to the games @ Yale/Princeton/Harvard every year. Flew out to Minnesota on a whim for the NCAA regionals a couple years ago (for yet ANOTHER heartbreaking OT loss). And this year I'll probably go up for a weekend at (renovated) Lynah for the first time since graduating, so I'm stoked for that.

I'd love some good college hockey discussion around here. While I bleed Big Red, I often don't know enough about the other happenings across the country, and I feel this board would be a lot less trollish than USCHO in trying to get a feel for other teams and fans.

So that's my deal...

LET'S GO RED!!!!!