View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Mark Halperin acknowledges liberal media bias

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my claim that "liberal media bias" is a conscious and deliberate lie promulgated by the right-wing propaganda machine to dupe its more credulous followers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that claim, btw. Though a quote from one of the studies I linked to emphasized the subjectivity of perceived media bias, and might be interpreted as suggesting the assertion of "liberal bias" is just a misperception, it's worth noting these accusations have come largely from the conservative side. Complaints of "liberal media" have been so much louder and more pervasive in recent years than any similar complaints of a conservative bias, that it's hard not to conclude it is indeed a deliberate lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

So studies that support the contention that there is conservative bias are flawed, whereas I'm sure the studies you cite for your position are beyond reproach. The overwhelming percentage of complaints of a liberal bias as compared to conservative bias in the mainstream press is to be ignored of course, just the result of a deliberate attempt of the right wing conspiracy to dupe their followers(they have been quite successful apparently). Since you believe all this, would you mind explaining to me the reason for the need to dupe conservatives into believing the mainstream press is composed of liberals, and therefore more inclined to have a liberal slant in both choice of stories and how those stories are reported?