View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 08:01 PM

Default Please recommend a game

I am looking for a very specific type of PC game. It can be brand new, or it can be several years old. My criteria are fairly specific, but I have no idea where to start. I am embarassed to say that it has been so long since I have played a PC game that I have no idea what is technologically possible or available.

I don't play many games, but I am getting the hankering. My friend Kevin and my brother would be my only opponents.

Here is what I don't want:

No MMORPGs -

I don't want to deal with a bunch of fourteen year olds, or with people who play the game forty hours a week. Ideally I would like to find something that the three of us could log on to and only play each other.

No games relying on finely tuned reflexes -

No Counterstrike or Halo type of affairs. I suck at these things, but the other people suck even worse.

The ideal would be a competitve strategy or RPG game like the original Warcraft played multiplayer. Something turn based, requiring little to no fast button pushing might be even better. I really want it to be a cerebral game where strategy and tactics are the deciding factor.

I will probably buy a couple of the recommended titles and give a trip report.