View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Halp us Jon Carry!

[ QUOTE ]
It never ceases to amaze me how the 'smartest' state in the US has the nuttiest democratic representatives.

It never ceases to amaze me how people willingly take comments out of context.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know there is a very long thread about this elsewhere, but I have to take the bait.

There is really no other way to interpret what he said. I read what the "original" joke was meant to be, and I can't say that I even believe it.

[ QUOTE ]
What Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., said about Iraq: “You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

What his spokesperson, Amy Brundage, said Kerry’s prepared text called for him to say: “Do you know where you end up if you don’t study, if you aren’t smart, if you’re intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush.”

[/ QUOTE ]
The wording is dis-jointed and it wasn't any funnier than what he actually said. I believe he clearly stated what was on his mind, and now it is coming back to bite him (and the Democratic Party) in the ass. To believe Kerry at this point, we have to believe that he may be the worst public speaker in American Politics right now. "His" version is VASTLY different than the suppossed "prepared" version.

I find it incredible that Jon Kerry is finding a way to lose this year even though he isn't even on a ballot anywhere. I wonder how many congressional seats he lost with his stupid comment?