View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 07:06 PM

Default Re: 3 hands from Bellagio 1k

Results:

Hand 1:

I checked, he bet 3k, I pushed and he folded.

Hand 2:

I thought long and hard and folded. In hindsight I think this was a very big mistake and probably cost me my best chance to go deep. At the time, I felt like it was a race at best. I know with the overlay I probably should have put it in, but I was slightly confused by villian's push (as I wrote in the OP, villian had not pushed pre-flop the entire time I sat with him) and thought there was a chance AA and KK were in his range. I also thought there was a good chance the initial raiser had an A or K, thus reducing my outs even if villian was on an under pair. Finally, due to my image, I thought I could find an easier spot to double up with a hand facing over-aggression from one of at least 3 people who clearly were dying to push me around post-flop.

Ultimately, however, this fold was due at least in part to the fact that this was my first live tourney. I would make this call 100% of the time online.

Hand 3:

I agonized and called. His range was very wide, but based on his aggression and my prior weakness (including the AK laydown where it was obvious I had a hand), this really felt like a move. I thought he would have re-raised premium hands pre-flop and likely lead the flop on a hand like top pair. I was continuation betting about half of my raised hands. I also felt like his push was not the best way for him to get chips out of me if he had a hand, and he clearly knew this. Finally, folding would have left me with about 9k in chips, enough to make some moves, but certainly not in great shape. Calling and winning would put me at almost 40k and in real position to do some damage (I know this also applies to the AK hand). He flipped over AJ and I lost on the turn.