View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Re: 3 hands from Bellagio 1k

Hand 1: I probably lead and call a push. He'll be pushing a lot of flush draws, the occasional worse ace, worse pairs, maybe air a lot of the time if he realizes you're on the money bubble and might be extra prone to lay down hands.

Hand 2: Pooooooooooooooooosh. Button could easily be pushing for value against MP with a worse ace (AQ, AJ) or something like KQ, or he could be jamming with a pocket pair here. If you're flipping here, you're going to have an overlay from the blinds and the MP raise, and having ~40k in chips will probably allow you to do a bit of bullying yourself.

Hand 3: This seems like a slightly-ahead/way behind situation. Given your tight image and your apparently interest in making the money (getting up and checking the stacks at the other table), I don't know if I can lay this down getting 2.5:1 against someone who could easily be pushing 2 overs, draws, or air. Even against some super-contrived terrible-for-you ranges, you're like a 2:1 dog. Overall, it's kind of a gross spot, but the pot odds are just too damn good.

Actually, I made another contrived range (any pair, any broadway, any 10, any 8) for hand 3 and you're like a 2.67:1 dog. So maybe it is closer to a fold. Meh.