View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Re: CallMeIshmael\'s \"The 50 Worst States in America\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've lived in both (Jersey until I was 17 then Maryland since) and I have to say that Jersey is a hell of a lot (1) nicer and wealthier (on average) and (2) more cultured and culturally diverse... not to mention it's proximity to NYC rather than DC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although New Jersey was #2 in per capita personal income in 2005 ($43.8k), that is not "a hell of a lot" more than Maryland at #4 ($42k). source

There are 8 states where whites make up less than 70% of the population. Maryland is one of them, New Jersey is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao. There is white (not different whites like in NJ) and black (30% of the population) in Maryland... two prominent cultures. The others are completely unnoticeable compared to NJ. Your statistics leave much to be desired.

Jersey (north Jersey where I lived at least) large populations of white (protestant), black, jewish, arab, mexican/central american, italian, irish, albanian, russian, greek, asian, indian etc etc... Compare the availability of good authentic foods from these cultures to see the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gew up in Norther NJ...very wealthy suburb...it was paradise for a kid: great schools, forrests and streams and swim clubs and riding your bike everywhere...it was awesome.

I wouldn't live in NJ now if you paid me, though. Too damn crowded.