View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Forum Project Step 1 - Niche Pickin\'

[ QUOTE ]
This probably would have been good to discuss when we were picking "Finances" as the general topic. If all of these sub-topics are well covered already, maybe it's not a very good topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this category is probably oversaturated. This is really just a learning experience for me, and I intend to start several more sites on my own based on the methods and techniques we'll be learning together on this project, so if the group wants to stick w/ it that's fine by me.

That said, I would again like to offer up "Health/Wellness/Fitness" as an alternative category. I do believe there are more untapped niches and greater flexibility here.

Black & white topics such as Investing, Budgeting, and Debt Reduction all have pretty specific, scientific information associated with them and have been well explored, whereas there are hundreds of more subjective ways to present health and wellness issues. (Diets that integrate a specific life philosophy or religion, specific sports training regimens, very obscure medical conditions that may be largely untapped, Eastern medicine vs. western, mental vs. physical health)

However, it is possible that this category is SO broad that our niche choices will be TOO far apart to be of any use to each other in terms of cross marketing and linking. Not sure how big of a factor that might be.

Anyway, this project is Max's baby and I'll leave it up to him if he wants to re-poll the group for a possible focus change before we get too far into this. If we decide to stick w/ Finance et al I'm still happy to participate.