View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 04:09 AM

Default Re: 20k Guaranteed, hands that make me ponder

[ QUOTE ]
1. Your raise is hard to judge without any type of read on the player. But your stack is likely not big enough to generate the proper fold equity to make the play correct.

He's getting 2.2-1 odds to call you here and unless he's got a weaker ace, I think he's priced in to call. K-J, K-Q type hands are between 3-2 and 2-1 behind.

2. EDIT: I originally said fold, but upon further review pushing isn't a bad idea. His big raise could well be a steal attempt with a marginal hand and there is a chance you're ahead here. While the odds say you're likely in a race, being a 2-1 dog here isn't the worst scenario. You'd need to push, so go for it.

3. UTG, please for your sake raise more. This isn't the worst hand to make a stand with, and you want to thin the field out here. Don't assume pair, either. For such a small raise, weaker hands become playable especially if your opponents aren't ultra-tight.

As for post-flop, I don't mind the check. The 10 is definitely a worrisome card. I also doubt the last player will put in a bet if he's afraid of you slow-playing a big hand.

4. Muck, muck, muck. You're in early position with garbage and this isn't the time to get cute. Perhaps in a later position you could get away with this on the bubble, but not here.

[/ QUOTE ]

For hand #3, say I did make a standard 3x BB raise. Same action tho, and same flop. I check and there's another weak bet to me. The fold is the right play, correct?