View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Re: CallMeIshmael\'s \"The 50 Worst States in America\"

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, I lived in central mass from ages 1-18 and now live in NC. Since leaving I've realized that mass is an excellent state. If you think NC is as great as it seems you do, then you're going to be pretty disappointed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (Not that NC is bad, it's just nothing special.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Gardner, MA. This town used to be nice, but over the past 5+ years it's become a real hole. It's on it's way to being another Athol or Fitchburg. Everything is getting rundown, traffic has gotten ridiculous around here as well (don't these people have jobs? What are they doing on the road in my way at all fricken hours? They can't all be playing online poker for a living!)

The school system used to be excellent, it's taken a turn for the worse (although this is probably evident throughout society as a whole)

The wife and I want someplace peaceful and relaxing. Where we can get a reasonably priced home that isn't right on top of our neighbors. With a nice garden and some type of water thing in the back (waterfall, brook, fountain, something). We just want privacy and nice weather and to kick back and enjoy a relaxing life.

People here in Mass are so grumpy and stressed from the traffic and working three jobs to make ends meet (I'm in Central MA by the way)

I'm tired of the snow, I'm tired of the people. We're looking at the Wilmington/coastal area of NC, although I've had a few 2+2ers recommend The Triangle area over that, so we'll see.