View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Need to know drop for 1/2 blind NL games in LA for eTable analysis

[ QUOTE ]
Hustler 1/2 is $50 max buy-in, $3 drop + $1 jackpot drop, and the rake goes down $1 when it gets to six players, but im not sure if it drops more than that when it gets 5 handed.

I actually dont think commerce does have a 1/2 NL, i think its 1/1 $40 max...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I always assumed the games upstairs are 1/2 blind. Next time I need a free cop of coffee and I'm not in a game I'll trundle upstairs just to confirm. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
HP has the worst rake in town on just about every game, and that's why I don't play there. Even though its the closest place to school, I drive extra to go to hustler or normandie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is the case in the bigger games but it appears to be true in the smaller games. The PokerPro people need to understand this. Real customers aren't often exclaiming, "Wow, we save a buck not tipping in this 1/2 blind $5 total drop ePoker game!" unless they are delusional or "perhaps" on somebody's payroll.

~ Rick

PS I believe the Normandie 8/16 kill holdem is one of the better games in town around this limit. Even if you don't agree, it's goofy fun to experience an old time cardroom once in a while.