View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Re: CallMeIshmael\'s \"The 50 Worst States in America\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you live in the worst part of the state. western NC is beautiful, the piedmont / RTP area has a lot of great stuff, and the coast is nice to visit. south-central NC blows goats. it's basically south carolina.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wife and I are looking to high-tail it outta Mass and move to the Wilmington area (south-east coast) of NC. Is good, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

i lived in wilmington briefly and my folks lived there for 7 years. it's not really my favorite part of the state - like i said, nice to VISIT.

you get a lot of the old southern good-ol-boyism and also the new southern strip malls and chain restaurants. like the worst of both worlds. the area is getting rapidly developed by gated communities and auto dealerships and golf courses and all that kinda stuff. i guess it depends on what you like. the weather is better than MA, but it gets so muggy in the summer it's sick.

the beaches are nice and there are certainly parts that are pleasant to live in, but i don't care for the area. i'd much rather live closer to chapel hill or durham and go out there on the weekends.

if you are looking into it seriously i can tell you more about various areas and what you can expect. the market there is also red-hot right now, you would probably get a better price in six months or so if you're looking to buy a house.