View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 05:03 PM

Default Re: WSEx: Official Monthly Thread: November.

a couple of wpex requests for ye olde WSEX gm:

please update the hh browser. It still sucks. Use the stars browser as a template.

Also, I play almost exclusively at wpex. Initially I applauded the move to remove end user's names from the hh files, as it would seem that this would allow me to evaluate my own play without subjecting me or anyone else to the intense datamining that shows up at other sites.

In practice this has not been the case though. Since I can't keep stats on guys, I rely entirely on written notes taken at the table. Lots of wpex players have very specific and pronounced quirks in their games, and as I play shorthanded and headsup a lot reads are very very pertinent to the eventual decisions that I make. The problem comes when I open up a session the next day, and see a move that looks out of line.

Did I have a note on that guy? maybe. It would help to know whether or not I made a move on a guy that I figured was weak, or called down a maniac, or folded to a rocky guy or whatever. without names in the hh I'm denied the availability of my own reads when reviewing my own play.

This isn't so particularly cool.

I'd suggest taking an alternative route that involves including player names in the hand histories, while specifically forbidding datamining. Other sites have done this with good success.

Also, kudos on sticking with we US players though the Fristing. I'd be curious to hear your opinion on why Party Poker and some others have taken the preemptive actions that they have - throwing away gigantic portions of market share and revenue while the matter is still undecided.