View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Re: The pretend (preflop) blinds and the real (position based) blinds

[ QUOTE ]
I think we are really only pretending to fight for the blinds in nl cash game play.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just wrong imo and I'm surprised anyone would agree with you here.

[ QUOTE ]
Well ive talked to a few peeps who are very good players, and despite many of them having diff styles, they all agreed that on the buton you should be cold calling more preflop and 3betting less.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the general point you're making here is that people who are "chasing the invisible antes" like Sklansky put it are easily exploitable by a good player in position. While I understand your argument why calling > 3-betting, I still have to semi-disagree with you there. I've experimented with both ways and I've come to the conclusion that vs. the vast majority of the people 3-betting is just more effective, maybe because it gives your opponent one extra decision to think about where you can n+1-level him. This works as long as people are not opening up their 4-betting ranges to counter-act and deny all the free flops you'd be otherwise seeing with your steal hands. It never hurts to mix up between the two methods though.