View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Actually making money - Forum Project

There have been several questions about this so I'll address it.
From what I have seen and read, really focusing on a specific niche is the way to go. The reason is that if you pick a broad topic for a website, you'll already be competing with a bunch of others for key search terms. The more focused you are, the more likely you'll hit the front page of google when someone types in a particular phrase. This is important because being on the frontpage of google for a particular search will get you TONS of traffic and traffic = $$$.
The reason for having us all pick a niche within a broader interest area is to leverage promotion from one another. Google can probably figure out that a link between two finance related sites is better than a link between a finance site and a sports related site. That's all.

Furthermore, if you have mentioned that you are interested in this project in the thread, but haven't yet emailed me, please do, since it will be difficult for me to browse through the thread and find out who is interested.
mxt196@yahoo.com

Also if you are interested and haven't voted on a topic, please do. The poll is about 20 or 25 posts into the thread.

Max